I did change a couple minor things, the recipe itself is so so soooo amazing.
My boyfriend, who while most notably is an amazing guitarist/musician, is also a pastaholic; absolutely adores this recipe.
I have to say even I, who really can't stand more than one day of leftovers on any normal occasion, can stand a few days of this.
So here it is:
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 can artichoke hearts coarsely chopped
- bunch asparagus, cut in half
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 oz rigatoni
- cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- cup chopped fresh basil
- cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat reserved oil in large heavy pan over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, breaking meat into bite size pieces with a fork. Transfer sausage to a bowl, straining to leave oil. Add artichokes, asparagus, and garlic to skillet and saute over medium heat until garlic is tender. about 4 minutes. Add broth, wine, and Sun-dried tomatoes. Boil over medium heat until sauce reduces slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta, do not rinse.
- Add pasta and sausage to artichoke mixture. Toss until sauce is almost absorbed by pasta,m 2-3 min. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese basil, parsley, and mozzarella. Season to taste with salt and pepper. ENJOY!
It really is a great dish. So much flavour. I think the wine, sundried tomato and fresh basil make this dish.
I hope you love it. We do.